Baby it's cold outside.

Monday, 11.30
Off. Well, I was bored waiting for the shuttle back to KB after Aquatic Systems (my last 5:25 shuttle! Probably my last after-dark shuttle!), so I did some balancing on one leg/writing alphabets with the other and 100 calf raises. The other people waiting probably thought I was insane... but I'll never see them again.

Tuesday, 12.1
Saw Tess at FASIC about my knee/thigh and, as expected, she diagnosed me with IT band (friction) syndrome. ("They used to call it friction, but it's more of a compression" says Tess.) She did some fantastically painful deep tissue work on me. No running until I see her again next Tuesday. In the meantime, elliptical and stationary bike are OK, and I should roll it out twice a day, do that one stretch (the one Clara's always doing), move my knee cap around, and do some glute strengthening stuff. She said that my weak gluteus medius probably caused this injury in some way (using technicalities and muscle names that I don't remember. It made sense at the time.) She was also getting on my case about having disproportionate vastus lateralis and vastus medialis muscles, which probably makes me run funny. But I think my running style caused the proportions rather than the proportions causing the running style, so whatevs. After that I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and then abs and weights and the glute things and stretching. I've realized that all of my injuries have been on the right leg (hip bursitis, the hamstring, the foot joint thing, the gluteus medius, and now the IT band). Hmmm...

Wednesday, 12.2
Off, except for the prescribed rolling, stretching, and strengthening. Wrapped my water bottle in arm warmers for a makeshift foam roller.

Thursday, 12.3
70 minutes on the elliptical + stuff for the IT band. Needed 80lbs of assistance to do 10 dips, 6 pull-ups. I'm so weak (and have more weight to bear than in the past).

Friday, 12.4 - Sunday, 12.6
Off. Panic mode. Passing my classes would be ideal.

Comments