Something I've never done before.

9.19.2011 - 9.25.2011


Monday: Ran 6x600m with Anna on the trapezoid loop behind the dog park. Anna had to run early/efficiently because she had a violin recital to get to. She was getting to the 400m mark consistently at 1:47-1:50, and finishing the 600m in about 2:50 each time (we were supposed to push the last 200m, which are uphill. The first 400m are downhill). When she was done the rest of the team was ready to start their workout. I ended up doing 5 more, with Faith, then with Hazel/Kelsey, then 3 with just Kelsey. Holy crap Kelsey had a killer workout! Coach R wanted everyone to do 6-9. After her eighth I thought she would call it a day (she had been running all of hers about 10 sec faster than Mark wanted her to), but she decided to go for 9. We ran the 9th in 2:33 (1:38 400m). Awesome. Coach Acres said something like "you're not going to be able to do something you've never done before unless you do something you've never done before" when Kelsey was deciding whether or not to run 9. Wise words. 7.8 miles today, with the 600s and the warming and cooling.


Tuesday: 8 miles Picture Rock. Fairly uneventful. I guess I saw a deer in the field, which was pretty cool.

Wednesday: Off from running, but shoveled and shoveled at Michael's property. Digging a trench thingy for a drainage pipe. I will be hurting Thursday.

Thursday: 20-miler! On Picture Rock / Waipiti trail, from the Lyons lot to the LHC lot and back. 10:59 pace, pretty slow but not too bad for the trail. When I only go 8 miles, I average around 10:00. At around mile 16, I ate it. My knees and elbows got pretty scraped up, and I got covered in red sand. Then I rinsed my knees with some water from my Camelback, which made the red sand look like smeared blood all over my legs... umm yeah then I showed up for XC practice and everyone was unnecessarily concerned. Next week I want to do a 22+ miler on a flatter, faster course, then I'll feel confidant that I can run Chicago on the 9th.

Friday: Some running to make it to key cheering spots at the Broomfield Invite. We'll say 2 miles. I think the heat slowed the Lions and the other runners down a lot. Everyone was about a minute shy of their goal paces. Except for probably Kelsey and Ethan, who had pretty impressive runs.

Saturday - Sunday: Off from running. Was at the Undzis' mountain house near Jefferson. Shootin' guns and drinkin' beer.

Sum: 38 miles. (With 3 off days!? Geez. 20-milers will do that, I spose.)

Comments

  1. Looks like a pretty good week here... :) Though I suppose this was a while ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment