I'm spitting out excuses that would make your stomach turn.

Monday, 3.1
Off. We better win that goddam San Pietro.

Tuesday, 3.2
Off.

Wednesday, 3.3
Made it to practice!...at 5:30. Just in time to witness Clara hopping over hurdles--because she's running SCH on Saturday! Awesome. After that, went for a wee jog in the neighborhood. 3.7 miles. 35 minutes. Didn't feel too great.

Thursday, 3.4
14-minute (2 miles?) tempo at Lacy followed by 5x200m. In an angry huff toward the beginning, I sped away, eventually winding down to finish with Sylvia. Felt pretty good. Susan joined us for the 200's, which were surprisingly bearable. 5.3 today.

Friday, 3.5
Prerace! Lombardy to Sierra Madre and back. 3 miles.

Saturday, 3.6
SCIAC 4-way at home.
3000m SCH: 13:23.06 (plenty of room for improvement!)
5000m: 21:03.71 (not bad for March...?)

Chilled out on the steeple behind some Redlands girl (who out-kicked me in the end, but it's ok because we weren't competing against Redlands for some random reason). I should learn to hurdle... those barriers were quite slippery from the rain (and the wet shoes). Started the 5k in the back of this huge pack of mostly Oxy girls, which broke up a bit after Sylvia took charge (at which point I remained in the back... and watched as the rest of the pack got further and further outside of my reach). All things considered, felt pretty good. I think my goal was to finish the steeple and go sub-22 in the 5k. Yay for accomplishing goals. :)

Sunday, 3.7
Off. Quite sore.

Week total: ~20 miles.

Comments

  1. Because my comments are unrelated, I shall separate them for convenience.

    1) I like your title.
    2) Yeah, I agree...
    3) Thanks... Apparently, I'm signed up for the 400 hurdles now too... Except I can't actually hurdle. Maybe I should scratch.
    4) I, too, would like to be excited. I don't know why this is so difficult this year.
    5) We should learn how to hurdle, and be awesome. Yes? Yes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment